Sunday, April 25, 2010

Saturday of My Week



7:00 or 8:00 I forgot to see what time I actually got out of bed this morning vs. the time I woke up and THOUGHT about getting out of bed. Isn't this what Saturdays are all about anyways?
8:00 Coffee, coffee, coffee and checking my blogger dashboard. I hear Mike downstairs rustling about and wonder what he is up to. Perhaps he is getting the Christmas Houses boxes out of storage so that I can finally get the rest of Christmas down for the year (pitiful, I know) I figure I am already ahead of the game by having my houses up for next year!!!
9:00 Lots more sewing to do so I head downstairs...I HAVE THE BEST HUSBAND EVER!!! Not only are the boxes out, but he has gone ahead and put them all away :) I don't know if you have ever had to put a Snow Village house back in its box, but it is quite the adventure figuring that puzzle out!! This is a true gift of love, and I cry while I tell him that. Oh-how I love him.
10:00 I finally finish helping Mike out, and head outside to tie up some of the spent tulips. The neighbor girl comes over to talk while I do this, so I give her a tour of the backyard garden. Its fun to see how much she really knows about her flowers. She is only in 5th grade, but has helped her grandma in the garden quite a bit.
11:00 Time to sit down and sew...
1:00 I take a break for some lunch and decide to get 6 more tags finished and take them down to Etcetera. I am thinking of May's thoughts to craft at least 15 min. a day, and this time feels really good.
3:00 Picked up a bird and a candlestick from Etc., then stopped by Lowes for 2 houseplants. One upstairs in the guest bathroom-a cool looking fern that will love the humidity from the shower. The other one is a multi-colored leaf to go in the bird pot downstairs. I will take a picture of it-my attempt at Shabby Chic. A look I love so well-but have a hard time putting it together. Where is the House of 3 when I need them???
4:00 Time for a little nap on the couch while Mike watches golf.
4:30-Finishing up the sewing. Mike leaves for soccer finals in Seattle.
5:00-Take work over to Melissa, then off to Fred Meyer to figure out what to plant on the deck outside our bedroom. Oh My-Fred Meyer has the BEST flowers this year. I complimented the manager and he said that they changed providers. Very good move on their part!! I will be buying all out pot flowers there come Mother's day!
7:00 I am pooped! What a busy day. I crawl into my jammies, then into bed with my computer and just surf around until I am tired. Josh has friends over and they are laughing rather loud...can't really complain about that now can you? I know I won't sleep until they leave, but I am resting, so my world is good. I am grateful...

No comments:

Post a Comment